Saturday, October 20, 2007

Weekly update

Good Day,

 

Today is Saturday and we had games scheduled against La Gaiete. They have a reputation of being the champions of "no-shows" and today is no different. We were ready to go at 12:30 for a 1:00 basketball tipoff at the school and a 1:00 kickoff at Newland for the girls soccer. It started raining enough to cancel the bball but soccer plays in anything. We called the coaches and told them no bball but soccer was still on. They said ok. At 1:00 we called back and they had sent the bball team to come and play and sent their girls soccer team to another school to play another team. This is the team that showed up with 20 guys to play us last time (late) and their "coach" decided his team needed a boost and tried to come into the game. He is 26 I understand. What bugs me is that we lost to them last year in our first game and he scored about 30 points. The junior teams play at 3:00 against another school and we should have the court dried out by then.

 

My Geo 10 class is making a working model of the Panama Canal. It looks good so far but we have a way to go. I will take some video and pictures for you all.

 

World Geo is starting our unit on Western US. I always start the unit by watching Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I skip a few bar scenes but the landscape shots and the train robberies are good stuff. They seem to like it.

 

30 minutes to game time and the rains have stayed away. I am going to take a look…

 

Well, the AIA Club team showed up almost on time and the court was more or less dry so we played both the boys and girls Jr. bball games. Only one referee showed up so we used the only other available person for the girls game….. me. I have never refereed a game before and I think I did ok. The coach for the club team is my assistant coach and I know our girls coach well so I knew their expectations were low. I managed to fulfill their expectations nicely. I told my PE clerk / Assistant Athletic Director that I want my 2000 cfa ($3.75) for working the game. He said he would get back to me. The boys team won by 9 but the girls fell short even though they doubled their previous point total from last game.

 

That's it from here.

 

Brian & Betsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home