Monday, October 01, 2007

WU 01Oct07

Good Day All

 

Sorry for the late update. It seems that the stomach bug has once again made a visit to our house. I seem to be much better today but my beloved betrothed is still horizontal.

 

Most everybody we know is out of town for the break. I am up at school just working on a few papers and organizing things. The Art teacher's parents are visiting from the US. They are here now touring the school. Judging from their wide eyes I believe it is their first trip to Africa.

 

I was awakened at about 0430 this morning by the sound of some kind of critter scurrying around on the roof. I am trying to find a way to work in the words "bolt-upright" into this. The characteristics of the sound would suggest that it was probably a cat. Either a leopard or jaguar because it was LOUD. It didn't last for more than 15 seconds or so and there was some kind of altercation or conflict in the middle judging by the screaming. I tried to quiet her down so as not to scare the neighbors but once she gets goingÂ…. Just kidding. (I hope she chooses not to read this one). I went out into the other room to investigate and it was all quiet and the night guard was as usual. I know I wasn't imagining it. I talked to Henry later and he didn't hear anything. Our dog usually goes off if so much as a frog invades the yard so it is certainly a mystery.

 

It rained like crazy yesterday. We got about 3 inches in about 6 hours. It slows things down all over town and turns everything into mud for a half day. Some genius decided to dig out a drainage ditch on the road up the hill to school and incidentally redirected the flow of water from the ditch on the north side to right down the middle. After the big rain yesterday we now have a 10 inch gully in the road. The trouble is that the school does not own the road and the people who live along there will not pay to fix it. If we want it fixed we will probably have to do it ourselves.

 

That's about it. The Twins are done for the year. Only 179 days until Opening Day 2008.

 

Brian (& Betsy)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home