Saturday, January 20, 2007

Dec 4, 2006: hockey weather eating girls rubics cube

Hello All,

No snow here. A guy told me that they got hail once during a big storm when he was a kid. I guess they still talk about it.

I got invited to play street hockey by a bunch of Cannucks yesterday. We had 6 on 6 for a while on the double basketball court. The goalie on the other team was the soccer coach who was a goalie in college. Not a lot got by him.

Betsy has her final exam in her Foods class tonight. I keep telling the academic director that I want to teach an elective course called Eating. It would meet right after the foods class but she won’t listen to reason.

Dry season here. It rained every day for 2 months and then one day the high level winds switched and it hasn't rained in 2 weeks. It has gotten a little hotter and a little less humid but you still sweat. B.O is not socially awkward here. It's not that people are dirty it's just that hygiene products are luxury items for most people.

Betsy leads a small prayer group of girls at school and had them over Friday for a girl's night. They watched movies on DVD until 0430. We got the big screen projector from school and played them through the laptop on the wall with speakers so we had a private little movie theater. We finally rousted them all up at about 1000 and went to the fair. It was like a craft show with lots of food. Some of it edible.

That's it from here. I'm doing a short history unit in my Geo 9 class and I have to cover the late 70's and 80's today. I wish I had a rubics cube.

Later,
Brian

(editor's note: If you've seen B&B's email updates, you know the subject lines are pretty generic. I hope the title of each blog entry is a bit more descriptive, yet not too bizarre. Enjoy?! ~clb)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home