Friday, January 19, 2007

Nov 22, 2006: Sightseeing plans; Basketball ends and begins

Hello All.

Things here are running smooooooothly along. We have a half day tomorrow and a few hours fro teachers in the morning on Friday. Betsy and I are planning a trip to Duoala on Friday night for the weekend with a couple of other teachers. There is a Baptist mission there that rents rooms real cheap and we can use one of the Covenant cars. Betsy is doing most (all) of the planning and there is a lot to see. There is an old slave fortress close to the city that we want to see as well as some other historical things.

We start French classes tonight. Our new Covenant teacher is offering a beginners class on Wed nights and we are starting in a few minutes.

I have been asked to be the head Girls BBall coach this year. I have never coached girls before but my advantage is that I already know them all unlike the boy’s season that started the first week of school. I am real excited to start and it will be fun.

The boys finished the season in fine style. We had our Championship game last Saturday against our archrivals ASOY at their place. We lost bad the last time we played them there so we definitely were ready for a tough road. We were down 2-0 before we scored a few and never looked back. We finished by winning by 10. The team stepped up and played great. Everybody got some playing time and it was a great feeling to see them hoist that trophy. I think the whole school was there because the girl’s soccer team played 2 hours earlier at the same place. I am very proud of them and can honestly say that I learned more from them than they learned from me.

Brian & Betsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home